Rosebank’s ethos is centred around providing top-quality, dignified care to all of our residents and giving them the opportunity to make informed choices. All of our staff members have been hand selected based on their sense of compassion, commitment and desire to work as part of a professional care team, making Dignity Action Day a cause close to our hearts.
The annual event, which takes place on 1st February 2018, calls on people to put dignity and respect at the heart of the UK care services to enable a ‘positive experience of care.’
Providing high-quality, dignified care at all times is something we pride ourselves on. Our staff receive robust training to ensure that they are always equipped to meet the changing needs of our residents, as well as deliver a safe, comfortable and happy environment at all times.
It is our duty to provide a home where each and every resident’s needs and wishes are met and we adhere closely to a set of beliefs similar to ‘The 10 Dignity Do’s, as set out by Dignity in Care:
- Have a zero tolerance of all forms of abuse
- Support people with the same respect you would want for yourself or a member of your family
- Treat each person as an individual by offering a personalised service
- Enable people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control
- Listen and support people to express their needs and wants
- Respect people’s right to privacy
- Ensure people feel able to complain without fear of retribution
- Engage with family members and carers as care partners
- Assist people to maintain confidence and positive self-esteem
Personalised care plans, a varied programme of activities designed to promote independence, as well as close connections to the community all ensure that our residents are given continuous opportunities to flourish and take an active role in how they receive care.
For more information on Dignity Action Day, visit http://www.dignityincare.org.uk.